Tuesday, January 15, 2019

January Gifted Gorgeousness

It seems the 15th comes faster and faster these days!  It's time for Gifted Gorgeousness!  If you don't know what that is, you can head on over to Jo's Blog Serendipitous Stitching sign up page (click here) to see the rules and sign up.  Or if you want to know what everyone is stitching, you can just click here to go to her blog.  Basically we showcase things we are stitching that is from something that was gifted to us (fabric, floss, or pattern), a gift we have received that was stitched, or something we have stitched for someone else!  It's a great way to show folks we appreciate our gifts!


I showed some of the gifts I've been given in my last post...one of which I stitched from a French Christmas ornament pattern.  It is listed in the 2019 goals page and here is the finished piece.  Sorry for posting twice, but I can't wait to stitch more from this set of patterns!



I made a few ornaments toward the end of last month for Christmas.  I didn't get them finished before Christmas, so here they are fully finished except for one...I still haven't figured out how I'm going to finish the last one.  Can you tell which teams the guys like?






I made one for Ben's GF too, so here is the front and the back.  I found this free pattern on a blog, and if you go back a few posts you can find the link to the pattern. (Edit - I've had so many ask about this pattern I decided to post the link here.   Enjoy!)



I started the gift my husband gave me for our anniversary last year.  It's the Amazing Marie Antoinette Caleidoscope by Chatelaine Designs.  I'm hoping when I get a little farther along you can see the black and dark blue stitching (it's hard to see against the black fabric just yet).  The light stitches you see here are gold and silver metallic stitches.


I also received a lovely gift from Jo.  She know's how much I love nativities and sent this little one to me.  (It's the little one in front of the white nativity.)  Isn't it the cutest?  Thank you so much Jo!!


Last is a little gift I got in September (an early birthday gift).  I don't have much stitched on her yet, but hopefully I'll get more stitched at a stitch day I'm attending today.  Shown is a picture of what she will look like done too!




And I guess that's all that's fit to print.  I hope you are all safe and warm and survived the storm we had last weekend if you were in it's path.  We got 7-8 inches depending on who you ask.  Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Honeybee said...

Oh wow! Where did you find the Caps chart? It looks fantastic!

Clare-Aimetu said...

What super stitching for everyone. Chanson de Noel is a beautiful chart

Katie said...

Wow so many beautiful pieces. Great finishes and lovely new pieces. Enjoy your stitch in today.

Elfie said...

You have been busy! Such pretty finishes.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely little ornaments.
The little girl is beautiful, she's going to be fun project to watch grow.
Sweet gift from Jo.
xx

Christine said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the ornaments, although I am clueless about which teams they represent (apart from the one that says Orioles on it, I think I can probably manage to guess that one)
The Chanson de Noel is absolutely adorable

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with a wonderful selection of gifts. the Nativity is adorable, I think I might need to get myself one!

Like Christine I have no idea about the team badges LOL But the red and green one is lovely, DMC 115 by any chance?

Ariadne said...

So many beautiful things. I love the nativity Jo sent you!AriadnefromGreece!

rosey175 said...

Ahhh, being from MO it's bred into us to like the Cardinals and the Blues. We won't mention the Rams anymore.

Great gifts, I especially love the pretty rose ornament so thanks for the freebie link! And that little caroler is absolutely adorable. It will be fun to watch her grow! Great nativity set too; I love their expressions.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Great stitching. I sometimes wonder how you manage to keep on top of it all. Two or three small projects at once is usually enough for me!