Friday, October 5, 2018

Retreat!!


Where do I begin?  Let's start by saing....I had fun!!  I can't believe I didn't get much stitching done, I was too busy running around like a crazy woman!!  There were vendors galore, and I couldn't help but add to my stash, I'll explain in a minute.

Before the retreat we were given a stitch exchange partner.  Mine REALLY outdid herself and I was truly spoiled!!  She made this lovely pouch, stitched the piece on the front and finished it herself (I think I need sewing lessons from this lady!!).  It was full of all kinds of goodies, a needle case, a pair of scissors, and this snow buddies stitch etui.  I can't wait to get started on that, but I will have to wait until I get my Christmas stitching done first!  She also threw in 4 kits, you can see one of them there.  Aren't I a lucky duck??



Mine that I gave paled in comparison, here is a picture of the box I gave her.  There are a few things in there, like my name tag, that weren't hers.  I hope she liked it!  There was a stitched stand up, a pair of scissors, a scissor fob, a project bag full of a pattern, fabric and floss to complete it.




I was flabbergasted when I won TWO prizes.  Whoo hoo!!  One was a gift certificate to Needleworkers Delight vendors....ironically I had just ordered some fabric that I have had a hard time finding.  They laughed when I won, but I was able to treat myself to these goodies!



The second was this zippered hooded sweatshirt...it was even my size!!!  I had contemplated ordering one, but decided to save my money for goodies at the retreat.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed I would win.  Yay me!!



I took a class from Pat Carson.  She retired after these last two classes that she gave.  Here are the goodies we got from her class.  I am going to stitch the kits as soon as I finish Christmas stitching.  I learned some really valuable things in her class, picked up this lovely needle nanny that was specially made for our class, and got to meet the designer of the first projects I ever stitched.  She is such a lovely person!! 



Ok, the ladies from Stitching from Stash only are going to blow a gasket, but I just HAD to order a few things.  I saw these fabrics from Under the Sea Fabrics, and fell in love.  Can you see the glitter?  These ladies were so nice, and even offered to go home and dye more fabric if I wasn't happy with this piece.  I'll make do!!  I have a project in mind for these....To be seen AFTER Christmas.....haha  I have some patterns that I want to stitch on one piece of fabric and didn't have one that was just right.  Am I forgiven??



I also saw my buddy, Peggy who is one of the ladies who owns BFF pouches.  She and her business partner hand make these lovely stitch bags.  I bought some at the first retreat I attended and just HAD to get more!  Aren't they lovely?  And they practically sold out at this retreat!!  People know quality when they see it!!  I made some ornaments for her and was able to give them to her then too!  Can you see all that glittery goodness in the one bag?  That was a bag of bits we got from Kreinik who happened to stop by with those for us!  I used some of them to stitch my pumpkins!



At the retreat they had what they called "a pumpkin carving station".  This lady sold her charts and if you brought a pumpkin she would drill holes for you to stitch her patterns on your pumpkin.  I brought 3 pumpkins, but only had holes drilled for two.  I'm hoping my friend's husband will be able to drill holes when he gets his new dremel!  Aren't they awesome!!



Whew....so with all that going on, I really didn't have much time for stitching.  I was able to finish Holy Nativity...and now I'll be looking for fabric to finish it as a flat fold.  I'll be able to decorate for Christmas with it then, and tuck it away easily when the holidays are over.  



I started on this pattern from Nebby Needle and finished it when I got home.



I also finished another Nebby Needle pattern after I got home, I've had both of these in my stash forever!!



While I was away, the rest of my materials to start a Chatelaine Design Mandala arrived.  Here are all the lovely fibers and beads.  It's going to be spectacular.  And I got to meet Meanne from Bush Mountain who actually had the 32 ct. Black Lugana I have been searching for.  She brought the fabric to the retreat and I was able to pick it up from here.  It's all here now (a gift from my husband for our Anniversary in August).  You'll be seeing this on the hoop soon!!  Can't wait!!



I guess that's all the news that's fit to print.  I'll be back soon with pictures from our vacation soon.  Happy Stitching everbody!!  PS....did you get your annual breast exam?


6 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so sorry I wasn't able to find you at the retreat. I'm glad you had a great time. Congrats on your winnings. The shopping was amazing. I didn't stitch much at all either haha.

Vickie said...

Oh wow! Your exchanges are so cool!! What an awesome retreat! I have never been to a retreat. That sweatshirt is so beautiful.

Julie said...

Gosh, so much wonderful stuff I don't know where to start commenting on each lovely one... i'll just say FABULOUS and well done to you both on the exchange goodies you gave.
The retreat sounds amazing.

Cathy said...

It's been many years since I've attended a stitching retreat, but I remember the fun I had then. It sounds like you had a great time, too. I love your Nativity scene.

Meari said...

Retreats are so much fun! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to one this year, but at least I've had my Saturday stitch-ins.

Both the exchanges packages were lovely. Both what you received and what was given. Don't sell yourself so short. Yours was just as great. :)

Congrats on the two prize wins. Lucky duck. Enjoy them!

The sparkly fabric you bought is gorgeous and those stitched pumpkins are adorbs!

Congrats on your finishes. I really like how the nativity one turned out.

Question on the beads for your Chatelaine: Did they come like that? Or, did you put them in little bottles and in a case of some sort?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sounds like a wonderful retreat and you were certainly a lucky bunny with all your exchanges and winnings!
Whatever did you do to Pat to make her want to retire? LOL

Which Chatelaine are you doing? or it a surprise?

In the UK we have mammograms every 3 years once you turn 50. Or more frequently if you are considered high risk.