Monday, October 15, 2018

October Gifted Gorgeousness

Good Morning!

It's a crisp and cloudy fall day here today.  Seems we've had a lot of those lately.  I really miss the sunshine, but I'm thankful for the cooler days.  Don't you love curling up with a warm blanket, a cup of something warm, and your stitching in hand?  I know I do!!

It's time for Gifted Gorgeousness, a challenge organized by Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching.  Here is where we showcase gifts that we have either given or received.  If you want to know the rules, you can read about them here.  Or if you want to see what folks have been posting about, you can see who has contributed and visit their blogs from here.  As always, I give a big shout out to Jo, who creates all these lovely challenges and who makes blogging fun!  Thank you Jo!  

I've been so busy getting ready for the retreat, vacation (which I still haven't blogged about, shame on me!!) and now another exchange I'm working on, that I haven't had much time to stitch for myself.  S0...I don't have much I can show (as some are gifts) but I can show a few things.  

First off (and I was hoping I would finish this year) is a gift my husband gave me for Christmas a few years back.  This is Winter's Majesty a Maia kit.  She still has a lot more to do, but she's getting there.  She was my WIP Wednesday piece for most of the year, but I think I'm going to set her aside next month, just for a break.  I'll show before and after pictures here of my work for the past month.




Next is a gift a stitch friend gave me that she picked up at the Silver Needle.  It was an exclusive to their shopt.  This friend goes all over to retreats (isn't she a lucky duck??) and when I heard she was going there I asked her to pick up this pattern.  Then she wouldn't let me pay her for it!!  It really has "ME" written all over it.  This is Stitching in the Garden by Blackberry Lane Designs.  There are two sides to the finished pillow, here is the first side and I'm working on the second side.



Next is Through the Window by Ship's Manor.  It is a SAL my husband bought for me last Christmas and each piece comes out at the beginning of the month.  I can hardly wait to stitch the next installment when it arrives!




Next is Blue Poppy Learning Sampler, a SAL by Tempting Tangles.  I just LOVE this piece!  I am a month behind right now, but I was a month behind last time too.  It comes out on the 10th of the month so I never have time to get it ready for this post.  This was also a gift from my husband for Mother's Day.  This is a SAL offered by Tempting Tangles which is only $12.00 while the SAL is going on.  You can find this here.




I think I may have shown this in a previous post, but this is Holy Nativity, a gift from another friend of mine.  It was a gold collection petite kit.  I finished this while I was at the retreat.  I have plans how I want to finish it, and have all the materials to do just that, so hopefully by next month I'll be able to show you the final finish!



I am participating in an exchange in December.  This is one of the things I'm stitching for her.  It isn't finished and I don't think you can tell from this what the finished piece will look like, so I'll be showing this here.  I won't be able to show the finished project until maybe January.  


I have a friend who is having a "milestone" birthday next month.  She never looks at my blog...but just in case....I'll have to show what I'm making for her next month, but here is a little snippit....



I have a few things that were gifted to me that will probably be finding their way on the hoop soon.  Here is a gift from my son for my anniversary, 

a gift from DH for our anniversary (a Chatelaine Design you can view here) which I'm itching to start VERY soon,



and a finished gift and some kits from my exchange partner at the retreat.  Can't wait!!



Don't forget to sign up for the giveaway in the last post!!  I have found more fobs, so there may be more than 2 winners!!  

I think that's all I can show for the time being.  I hope you all are enjoying your fall weather and looking forward to some lovely stitching days at home, curled up in your favorite stitching spot!  Happy Stitching!



6 comments:

Christine said...

So much wonderful stitching! I always look forward to your Winter Majesty updates, she is just stunning

Vickie said...

I like the nativity piece very much DJ.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. You look pretty close to a finish on Winter Majesty now. She is gorgeous.

I like the way the Ship's Manor sampler is coming together too. I am wary of Mystery SALs but both this and the Tempting Tangles are lovely.

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful post with lots and lots of lovely eye candy to admire.

Ariadne said...

Winter Majesty is almost ready and so gorgeous and I love the Nativity too!Well done!AriadnefromGreece!

Katie said...

Lots of beautiful things in this post. Great WIPs and great new gifts too.