Monday, October 1, 2018

Breast Cancer Awareness 2018



Hello my friends!  It's the first of October, and you know what that means!?!?!  Yes, I'm here to nag you about those pesky exams.  Every year someone writes that they WON'T get squished.  I know it's uncomfortable, believe me I've been poked and prodded, cut and sewn (believe me I would love to give a certain surgeon some lessons on sewing!!) so I get it being uncomfortable.  But  (you knew there would be a but, right?) I kind of enjoy walking on the earth, smelling the roses, listening to the birds sing and kids laughing.  

I don't know where I would be today if it hadn't been for them finding my breast cancer early.  I wrote about my experience when they found the cancer.  Now I kind of hesitate to share the post again, but I have to say, the initial mammogram was NOT this uncomfortable.  When they called me back to confirm their suspicions was when the procedure got more uncomfortable.  If you want a laugh, you can read my original post here.

I usually have a give away in October.  I haven't quite decided what to give this year.  It will probably be a scissor fob.  There will be something, and when I decide what that will be I will post it, so stay tuned!  In the meanwhile, please, for the sake of those you love and who love you in return, go and get your annual exam and perform your monthly exam!!  Your loved ones will thank you!  And please, share this post so others will be encouraged to keep checking!  Here is a link to  a page that will tell you how to do a breast exam.  

Stay healthy, my friends!!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

I read of your experience from the past. Oh my. I can relate, I have a fibroadenoma in my breast and that was not fun for them to get a good picture of initially.

Julie said...

The best test a woman can have.
{{hugs}} xx

Meari said...

I get my mammo done every year, although I read an article recently that said the mammos don't help as much as originally thought. That exams were better.