Thursday, August 23, 2018

Finishing Frenzy

Whew....now don't faint.  I know it must seem odd for me to post TWO posts in a month haha but I have something to show you!!

Quite some time ago, I took part in a Round Robin where we sent off small projects to members of the group, they stitched them, and returned them to us to finish them off!  I have quite a few of these strawberries, and I've been working on the 12 days of Christmas by Erica Michaels too!  I had asked a friend to teach me how to finish them, and so I finally got to her house yesterday and I learned how.  They are a little fussy, but actually not as hard as I had imagined.  I came home to finish putting the tops on them.  This is what I came up with...


So...the lesson I learned today....don't be afraid to try something new!  I'm thankful for my friend who taught me how to finish these, I really didn't want to mess them up after all the hard work my friends had put in.  Now I just need to find a way to display them.....



6 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Wow! They are lovely! I’m not surprised you were worried about finishing them, but you needn’t have worried after all. A fabulous finish!
Well done!
Barbara x

Vickie said...

I was worried the first time I made a strawberry. :) These are lovely!

Katie said...

I took a class on how to finish these but didn't learn anything haha. I have several to stitch too. I hope I can figure them out. These are beautiful. I was hoping to display mine in an open type of basket where you can see through the basket.

Julie said...

Delicious looking strawberries, I've not made one of these before either.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These look delicious! I own a couple made by other people but haven't attempted one myself.

Kaisievic said...

Oh, these turned out beautifully - well done!