Friday, June 15, 2018

June Gifted Gorgeousness and then some!

It's June!  We have a lot to catch up on!  I'll start with Gifted Gorgeousness because that's probably why you are here.  So....if you are new to this challenge, we post on the 15th of the month the things we've been stitching that pertain to gifts.  They could be gifted patterns, fabric, or floss, or they could be things we are gifting to others.  If you want to see the "official" rules, you can visit Jo over on Serendipitious Stitching and sign up here...or you can   go to this page and see what everyone else is stitching for Gifted Gorgeousness.  It's never to late to join in the fun!  I showed you the back of several things last time, so I'll start with the front of those!

As many of you know, I attend a retreat in May each year in St. Michaels, Maryland.  It's just a group of friends who like to get away for a long weekend, hang out in our PJs and stitch the weekend away.  We usually have a gift game we play, and lately we have been stitching something on a theme and exchange them that way.  This year our theme was patriotic.  Our fearless leader usually gets a gift from me, and this year I gave her a couple of ornaments.


I made and gave scissor fobs to everyone this year, one that was patriotic, and another that was specific to them.  I had fun gathering supplies throughout the year and making them for these ladies.  Here are a few....








Here are the two exchange pieces I made.  One was for the game and the other was our exchange.  I have to say, I couldn't decide what to make and looked through patterns for ages before I finally stitched these two....and then I had to put them together.  UGH!!  I'm not good with pillows...but here is how they turned out.  The first is Land of Liberty Flag Pillow from Homespun Elegance.  I stitched the individual pieces then sewed the whole thing together by hand.  Quite the challenge for this "finally finished challenged" person!  LOL


The second is Patriotic Biscornu by TA Designs.  This is a discontinued item.  I have been asked repeatedly where to find it but the Etsy page has been closed for 2 years.  I'm not ready to give up my pattern so please don't ask.  I've agonized over this because I hate to disappoint people but I've decided I don't want to get into a debate about copyright etc.  I'm just not ready to part with the pattern.  




I've stitched a little on Winter's Majesty.  I know it doesn't look like much but it's mostly background stitching, and it kind of blends in the background.  This was a Christmas gift from my husband several years ago.

I've stitched on Through the Window, the SAL through Ship's Manor.  I've actually caught up on May and June, so as of right now, I'm all caught up!  Another gift from my husband.

I've finished the wedding sampler and it's at the framers right now.  Here is the piece before framing.  I found it in a Cross Stitch Gold magazine....I think?  The wedding for our nephew is in October, but I like to be ahead of the game.

I've framed the piece for my Mom, Sweet Nectar.  Whew....and her birthday is next week...just in the nick of time!

I've been working on The Blue Poppy Learning Sampler SAL by Tempting Tangles.  As you can see I'm in the middle of the June installment.  The pattern was a gift from my husband.

I finished Wildflower Woodland Quaker SAL by Tempting Tangles!!  I am going to miss stitching on this one.  The pattern was a gift from my husband.

I've been working on Christmas ornaments that I promised to folks...here are a few.  I need to get busy finishing them!!

These two are from a Gloria and Pat book...


This train is from a book of Christmas ornaments.  I made this fob to go along with it!

These two Mill Hill kits are stitched on fabric instead of perforated paper...this is Proud Penguin and Snow Fun.





I finally finished this angel from JBW Designs.  I'm still on the fence about the finishing, but I think I'll stop second guessing myself and just give it away to the person it was intended for.  I hope she likes it!

And that....is that!  I'll leave you with a few pictures of our exchange pieces from St. Michaels and our game gifts.  I received the patriotic flag mason jars that light up.   I also received the little stand up in the back of the lady holding the flag....I love them both and have them sitting on my  mantle.




Since it was the weekend of the Preakness and the Royal Wedding, we all had fascinators....here is mine that I made.  What fun!

Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

Katie said...

Wow what a full post. Glad you had fun at your retreat. Love the goodies you made and received. The pillow you made is too awesome. Don't beat yourself up over your finishing. At least you have finished finishes. I just have a stack of finishes to stare at haha. The biscornu is wonderful I'm not surprised people ask about it. How cool.

Vickie said...

Love your fascinator! What great patriotic ornaments. And that biscornu!! Gorgeous wedding sampler. Sweet Nectar will delight your mom. Woodland Quaker is so wonderful.

jocondine said...

Bravo ! So much done, amazing post. Great retreat story and stichings. The biscornu is gorgeous and I love the little one handing flowers as DD1 is a nurse! xxx Amitiés

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with such an awesome range of gifted stitching!

Love all those scissor fobs you made as well as the ornies. The one you finished looks fine to me. You should see some of my pillow finishes LOL

Love the wedding sampler and the Tempting Tangles, the gorgeous colours on the Ships Manor and everything else too!

Christine said...

Lots of lovely stitching and gifts!

Julie said...

What a full post you have created with so many beautiful finishes and WIP's.
Great gifts the ladies all made for your meet up exchange.

Debbie said...

Goodness you have been so busy. Lots of beautiful stitching and exchange gifts.

Ariadne said...

Oh how great to have the chance to meet with friends and stitch!Congrats for all the pieces!AriadnefromGreece!

Unknown said...

Wow, you have been so busy! Am reading blogs as I have lost my stitchy bug. I can hear him scratching on the door, but can't find the key, which I am hoping to find by reading stitchy blogs and then I stumbled into yours. Just wow. I don't think I have ever seen someone produce that much in one month and every single piece is so different and absolutely beautiful. What a treat to have been able to look at it all and read your posts. Thank you!

Meari said...

Wow, so much eye candy! Your stitching is beautiful. You ladies did a great job on the exchange pieces. Love your fascinator!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the good and very helpful information. It is very interesting.
เกร็ดความงาม