Friday, February 23, 2018

WIPs and whatnots

Do you ever feel like you're on a treadmill?  No matter how hard you work, it seems you occupy the same space.  I never seem to whittle down that stack of WIPs or Wannas (Those patterns languishing in a the to do pile).  Well, I've been working hard, and today I actually feel like I got somewhere!  haha

I have a list of WIPs in my head that I want to try and finish this year.  I've been working hard on Sweet Nectar and I feel like I'm finally seeing the finish line in the distance (though I know I still have a lot of work ahead of me!).  The middle is finished except for some outlining....only the outside ring to finish...yay!!  This is a Dimensions kit, but I swapped the fabric from Aida to 36 ct cream linen.  It's stitched over two threads.


As I was looking for something in my closet a few weeks ago I ran across a WIP that I had started in January 2012.  I finally finished this 15 sided biscornu I found in the Gift of Stitching magazine.  I'm going to take a day soon and finish off some of these ornaments I have been stitching.  I offered to make a few ornaments for some folks and I want to get them finished off before too long.  I have other WIPs I'm trying to get done!!  This is stitched on 32 ct linen over two threads using Gloriana and petite treasure braid.



I also finished up this Christmas ornament by Blackberry Lane that I found in a JCS ornament magazine.  This is stitched over one on 32 ct. Blue Spruce linen.


I was behind in a couple of SALs I have going at the moment.  I pulled two out yesterday and got them caught up....only to find Tempting Tangles had released the next installment in both of them the same day.  So....today I stitched and got them both caught up!!   Here are Wildflower Woodland Quaker Mystery SAL...this is stitched on 40 ct over two natural linen...


and Springtime Easter Delight Mystery SAL.  This is stitched on 40 ct white linen over two.


I have one more SAL I need to catch up on...so hopefully I'll be back in a couple of days with an update on that one.  Wish me luck!  Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

deb said...

Wow, you've gotten a lot of stitching done lately! All your work is lovely, but I'm especially drawn to the Woodland Quaker piece - love the design, love the colors, and you picked the perfect fabric for it.

Barb said...

Nice pieces. The floral pieces are beautiful. I hope you finish them this year.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It might be a treadmill but you are making progress. Lovely projects.

Julie said...

Such pretty projects.
Woodland Quaker and the Easter are so pretty.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well your treadmill has powered a lot of stitching this week!
Love the 15 sided biscornu pieces, I must look up that issue.
The TT designs are gorgeous too, well done on catching up with the latest instalments.

Justine said...

Wow well you are certainly all caught up now! I love the Dimensions design, they're hard work to stitch but the effect is beautiful.
Looking forward to seeing your biscornu finished up!

Katie said...

Yes I know how that feels but normally when you look at the progress photos you realize you really have been making progress even though it doesn't feel like it. Beautiful progress on your pieces. Love your finishes.

Karoline said...

Great progress on your wips, your Quaker is lovely