Friday, January 27, 2017

WIP update...and first smalls 2017 post...

Where does the time go?  I swear the older I get the faster time goes....I wonder if it's because it takes me a lot longer to do things now then when I was younger?  Hmmmm

I signed up for the Smalls 2017 Challenge over at Stitching Lotus so the first order of business is my small for this month.  This is In The Land Of The Free by the Sweetheart Tree.  I stitched this for an auction that will take place in August.  The proceeds are going to Equines for Freedom which is a program to help service members suffering from PTSD.  I will eventually be finishing it by framing it.  Thank you, Heather, for hosting this challenge.  I look forward to digging in my stash to find things to stitch for this challenge!


So yesterday was WIP Wednesday.  Did I get very far?  Hm...I'll let you be the judge.  I haven't had much time to stitch this week, and suddenly the amount of things I want to do just seemed to careen out of control.  I'll show you the progress I've made on Winter's Majesty since last week...


It's been a wacky week, as my DS's Girlfriend was in the hospital for a few days and we went to visit her.  She's home now, thankfully, and the world is back on it's axis.  DH celebrated his birthday over the weekend, so he chose the day to straighten up the storage unit and the basement.  UGH!!  LOL  Then DH got sick and took a day off work.  Sometimes I think sick husbands are a lot more work than sick kids!  He's back to work now, thankfully!  All of these take time away from stitching, and rightly so...however, this chick gets cranky if I can't put a few stitches in!  LOL

I was able to spend an hour on my lighthouse...I wish I could spend more time on this...I guess I'll have to get another WIP done so I can, huh?  This is stitched on 28 ct. over one on Navy lugana. 


I finished up the first part of the Linen and Threads SAL...whew!  Just in time for the second part to come out.  I think the next part will be a bit smaller, or at least I hope so!!  This has been stitched using things from my stash, 28 ct. black over one with vintage Bucilla floss.  Challenging to say the least!!


And last, but not least, I'm participating in another Round Robin this year, but it's a bit different this time.  We have sent a small to each other to stitch, then send back to the owner who will finish it into something.  I've sent my partners some strawberries.  My package arrived yesterday, so today I was able to finish up the first one...I loved the colors!!  Only two more to go!  I'm hoping this one will count as a small for January as well!


That's it in a nutshell...I hope you are enjoying your week!  Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

Mary said...

Your WIPS are very beautiful and finish is lovely.

Elfie said...

I love your Smalls finishes.

JudyC said...

Thank you for your visiting and the nice comment!
Your WIPS are beautiful...lots of work and the Smalls is really cute. Love the colours!

Astrids dragon said...

Oooh, she's got a face! Won't be long before you're finished.
So glad K is home, what a relief that is.
I love the water for the lighthouse, I'm dreading starting on mine, it's Kreinik!

Desiree Ehleiter said...

All of your pieces are lovely! Glad everyone who was sick has gotten better, never fun when someone isn't feeling well. Your Linen & Threads SAL is gorgeous. I do not know how anyone stitches on black fabric. My hat is off to you!

Melinda Forbes said...

Your stitching is beautiful What a wonderful Charity! Thank you for stitching something to raise money. I have been looking for a dark blue fabric. Love your Navy Luguna. I think it will be perfect

Sarah said...

Love your The land of the free stitch. We do Christmas in July and it would be perfect for the tree.

Kaisievic said...

OOOh, lots of beautiful stitching, DJ, I really love the American finish and Winter's Majesty is stunning and your version of the Linen and Threads SAL is just amazing. I had to laugh about your DH, mine is just the same. He claims that he never gets sick but, of course, he does, just like everyone else but he is such a very difficult patient!

MysteryKnitter said...

The RR thing is lovely.