Monday, November 14, 2016

Super!

Another quick update here....we've been busy!!  I'm calling this post "Super" because we took a "Super" quick trip to the Lancaster/Reading area of PA.  We did have a very good time!  We visited a "Super" neat needlework store!  And we enjoyed watching the "Super" moon!  Where should I start?

Well...I had a little stash enhancement experience at Stitch and Stuff in Reading, PA last Friday.  It's located next to a Wawa on 3646 Pottsville Pike and you can visit their website here.



DH keeps driving me to these needlework stores.  Honest, he's the one who finds them and then actively searches the store for things I might like to stitch.  I have to write a little about this one though.  I don't think I've ever been in a friendlier shop.  I was looking for a few specific things and when I didn't find them, I asked the owner, Deb, who just happened to walk by and asked if I needed any help.  I felt awful as she kept saying she was going to get a cup of coffee, but then would overhear us ask a question or say something to each other and she went waaaaay out of her way to help us out.  She helped us figure out how much thread we would need for a particular project, helped us pick out fibers, and searched online for a particular item I was looking for and even called the company to ask about it, then ordered it for me.  After I had made my purchases, she put a brochure about things to do in the area in my bag.  We actually used it the next day to look for something to do before we left for home!  We asked about a restaurant in the area, and she directed us to a lovely place a couple of miles away that had a fabulous salad bar and some awesome deserts!  I only wish I had had something with me to have framed.  Not only was there a needlework store on the ground floor, but there was a frame shop on the second floor called the Framer's Nook.  We didn't have time to check up there, but next time I'm going to go up and see what's available.  Notice I said "next time"?  I will definitely be going back!!  






So what else did we do while I was there?  We went to Sight and Sound to see our 4th show there.  





If you ever get the chance to go...please do.  The productions we've seen there are just a feast for the senses!  We saw Samson this time, but we've also seen Jonah, Joseph, and Moses.  All of them were amazing, with live animals on the stage, fabulous costumes, and awe inspiring music!  One thing I love there is their roasted almonds.  When you walk in the theater, you can smell them roasting.  They are such a treat!  The sky was amazing that night, and we got a nice sunset shot as well as a shot of the moon.  AND...a shot of DH bringing down the house!  LOL









We also went to the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater to see Anything Goes.  I have seen the old Bing Crosby movie, but it's nothing like the stage production.  This cast was absolutely amazing too, and I can't remember laughing so hard during a performance before.  It was just a fun evening!

Our last morning there, we looked through the brochure and found a look out called the Pagoda.  I wish we had been there a week or two earlier, when the fall foliage was at it's peak.  It was a lovely drive, and the view was beautiful from there.  We were a little too early, it didn't open until noon, so we didn't get to see the inside.  But what was kinda neat was we met a couple from Lake Placid, NY there.  That is only about 25 miles from where DH grew up.  It was fun reminiscing about the area with them.









Last, but not least, did you see the moon last night?  Talk about super....I am really loving my new camera.  I've never been able to get such good shots of the moon before!


I should be back tomorrow with my Gifted Gorgeousness update...stay tuned!

6 comments:

KimM said...

Wow! Great Stash Enhancement....and great pictures. Looks like a grand adventure.
xxx

Summer said...

Love your photos ♥

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

What a great 'super' break you had. The personal touch in independent stores is hard to beat. No wonder you intend to return.

Tiffstitch said...

Wow!! That is so wonderful that DH is as into your hobby as he is. Plus what a nice shop. Great finds too and thanks for the other recommendations!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love those shops that look like someone's house! It's more like visiting a friend. I'm surprised the owner didn't invite you to have a coffee with her while she was helping you! She sounds wonderful. And very enabling too.
The moon photo is lovely too. It's certainly been very photogenic recently.

MysteryKnitter said...

Those shops you visited earlier, you bought quite a pile of stuff from those. I am happy you found that Nook - place. That woman sounds really friendly. I'd love to visit in a shop like that. The moon shot is awesome!