Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November Gifted Gorgeousness

This post will be only directed to the Gifted Gorgeousness Challenge.  I've really enjoyed participating in this challenge because it has prompted me to get out those charts, fabrics and fibers that others have given me, or stitch up those things for others, that I have had sitting around for ages.  It's given me incentive to finish something up each month so I have something to show.  It's been a lot of fun!  Thank you so much Jo for hosting this challenge and keeping us on the straight and narrow.  If you want to participate or see the rules, you can find them here.

If you want to see what other who are participating have stitched, you can see their blogs listed here.  I encourage you to come join the fun! 

I've had a little time here and there for stitching this past month.  I've been working on Christmas ornaments for a couple of exchanges I decided to join.  As usual, I try to stitch something I think my partners would like, but when it came to finishing, I lost my mojo.  I'm hoping to get something finished soon and get them in the mail, but life keeps getting in the way.  I can't post pictures of the things I finished just yet, I will post them next month, but I will show you some of the things I stitched that were "rejected" for my partners.  If either of my partners see something the would have liked instead, I can certainly send another one along if they are unhappy with what I'm sending.  Anyway...here are my "rejects".  They are rejects ... not because I didn't like how they were stitched, but because I didn't have a clue how to finish them.





I've posted most of these numbers before, but not on a gifted gorgeousness post...so here are the advent calendar numbers I've been able to finish since last month...and one I just finished this week!  Only two more to finish stitching....now to get them finished into ornaments so I can hang them for the countdown to Christmas this year....think I'll be able to do it?  We shall see.  I found these on the EMS board found here.  They are stitched on 28 count natural linen over one.







I stitched a little on my Mom's Sweet Nectar piece...here's my progress so far.



I received a couple of gifts.  One is from my exchange partner, Joyce.  It's so cute!  I can't wait to hang it on the tree!  Thank you so much, Joyce!


The other is from my friend, Mouse, in England.  Part is a birthday gift as well.  She knows I love purple and violets, and I truly adore the ornament she sent.  I can't wait to hang it on my tree as well.  I wish I had her talent for finishing ornaments.  Thank you so much Mouse!!

I guess that's all I have to share.   I hope everyone is finding time to remember the things we are thankful for.  We will be having a houseful of people for Thanksgiving this year.  At first I was terrified, but as we make preparations, I'm finding myself thinking this will be one of our best Thanksgivings.  What better way to spend a holiday then surrounded by people you care about.  I'm thankful my son will be here with his girlfriend (it would truly be lonely without him here) and they won't be torn where to spend the day if she brings her family along.  I hope I don't injure anyone with my cooking...LOL  Wish me luck!  I probably will be too busy for any more updates until after Thanksgiving day, but I'll be back before Christmas!  So...I'll wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving, and wish you many blessings to be thankful for.  I leave you with a parting shot of Thomas, who likes having me home after such a long time away....


 

9 comments:

Summer said...

All so pretty ♥

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful stitching, especially love the advent numbers! Good luck finishing them off for Xmas!

KimM said...

Your post made me smile. Such sweet, sweet designs and stitching.
xxx

Mini said...

The "rejects" are too pretty to be rejected. EMS always has such lovely designs to offer. Beautiful gifts received.

Elfie said...

Such lovely Christmas stitching, it made me feel happy as I read your post.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

All the stitching shown in this post is lovely, DJ. The exchange ornaments you received are very pretty.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely stitching, my dear, definitely not rejects!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I'm sure anyone would be happy with your "rejects". I love the red and white bauble with the beads. Is it by The Sweetheart Tree? I recognise it from an issue of JCS anyway!

MysteryKnitter said...

The Sweet Nectar - thing is awesome! You have skills and patience! And Thomas is one handsome male cat. I'd scratch the top of his head if I could.