Thursday, August 15, 2013

A finish!

I hope you haven't fallen off your chair!!  Yep...it's a mid week update from yours truly!

I've been getting a bit of stitching done these days, though next week is going to be a bit crazy so I doubt you'll see much accomplished next week.  However this week, this chick is on a ROLL!!

Here is Sweet Flowers!  This was stitched on 32 count white lugana over one using Rainbow Gallery Splendor silk and Gloriana silk.  The SAL I was stitching with had closed long ago, and I had kept up with patterns and such. When they sent the last pages, I was a bit burned out, but I dug it out this week and finished it up.  I feel really good about finishing this one, there is a LOT of work there my friends!!  Sorry for the blurry picture...



I've also been in a round robin circle, and was sent two more RR's to work on this week.  I was able to finish my part on Ally's and when I get my act together I'll be sending it on.  Here is my portion...




and the full piece so far.  Can't wait to see the final picture.  This was a sweet pattern, and so fun to stitch...until I got to the French knots though.  Still I think it came out pretty well!



I've done a little work on Winter's Majesty.  There is a lot of backstitching on this piece, and with metallic threads which is a pain to work on.  These snowflakes are going to be the death of me!  LOL  So I've done a few, and I'll go back to cross stitching and alternate so I don't burn out on all the outlining.  Wish me luck!  Hopefully this will be my work of choice this week.





If all goes as planned, I'm going to hermit for the most part this weekend...so you can see my accomplishments after the weekend, so check back later!  Wish me luck!  And if you are hermitting this weekend, I'll see you on the flip side!

5 comments:

Blu said...

Congrats on the finish! The purple and cream is very pretty.

Virpi said...

That RR looks lovely and Winter's Majesty looks awsome as always.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your lovely blog.
Your stitching is beautiful.
Hope you have a good week (:

Emma/Itzy said...

well done on your finish, its wonderful!

Denise said...

Beautiful Stitching!!!