Sunday, July 28, 2013

Surprise!

Hello friends and fellow bloggers!

This has been a crazy week!  But the good news is that I have been getting some stitching done.  So without further ado, let's show some pictures!

I'm slowly digging things out from my mad dash to straighten up my house from my Mom's visit.  The first thing I uncovered was Winter's Majesty.  It seems like ages since I've worked on this.  When I first started I was stitching up a storm, and I guess that all the confetti stitches finally got to me.  I picked it up this week and worked a bit on it, but I will admit, confetti stitches cause me to lose interest quickly...not to mention this is a big pattern, and my hands ache if I work on it for too long.  *Gasp* Dare I say...old age is setting in???  So here's a picture of the pattern in case you have forgotten what it should like finished...



and my progress so far...



I also received a nice surprise in the mail Saturday.  Mouse sent me a little something.  I have loved this pattern from the time I first saw it.  Surprisingly I had all the materials to make this and started that night working on it.  It's Violet's Blue from Black Bird Designs, and is very hard to put down!

Here is the pattern...



and my progress so far...



AND...last but not least, another little surprise in the package.  



Mouse knows how much I love lighthouses!  Thank you so much, Mouse!!  How nice of you to think of me on your stitching weekend to the shore and pick this up for me.

Thanks for dropping by!   

 

3 comments:

Annie said...

Both projects are looking lovely!

Mouse said...

glad you loved your surprise *VBG :) and way to go on the stitching ... cooo I must have known you would have all the stuff in to start it .... need to sort out for mine :)and well done on the confetti stitches .. hang in there and do a bit each day and it will soon get done :) mix it up with other stuff so that you can feel good about working on others as well as it ... does that make sense ...lol love mouse xxxxxx

Tiffany said...

Those are very pretty.