Sunday, June 23, 2013

Arches...

I've been a tad busy!  My Mom was visiting for three weeks and then we took her back to NY and visited other relatives and friends along the way.  It was just what I needed after the hectic weeks we've lived through lately.  I have to thank my husband for finding the perfect way to help me relax.  He takes care of me in so many ways... Thanks Honey!!

Our last stop before we came home was in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.  We found a lovely bed and breakfast called the Hillard House, circa 1865.  Many of the light fixtures in the home were original to the home, along with the lovely parquet floors, which I forgot to take a picture of.  The food was wonderful and the owners so friendly and helpful.  I hope we get the chance to stay there again one day!!  Here are a few pictures of their lovely home.





Here is the chandelier in the dining room...



Their sitting room...




and our room, the Rose Room...







If you are in the area and hope to stay in a bed and breakfast, here is their website.  There aren't many B&B's in the area, but it's within walking distance of the River Walk and the Market Street Bridge.  We took a little time before we left to walk along the river and take some pictures..

While we were walking along the river, I started seeing a lot of arches.  I was intrigued and thought it would be fun to post a few that I noticed.  I hope they aren't too boring...I found them interesting.















 We also had the opportunity to see my cousins who live in that area.  They drove down to where we were staying to have dinner with us, and then my one cousin came to have lunch the next day.  We were talking and having so much fun spending time together that our lunch stretched all day and we had dinner at the same place!  Thanks everyone for going out of your way to spend time with us, it's always nice to reconnect with family!!



There were more adventures, I'll save that for a different post, along with one about my stitching.  Thanks for checking in! 

1 comment:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I so enjoyed the pictures!!! I know you had a great time!!!