Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crazy Eight, Lay Them Straight!

Hello fellow crazies!!  It's a mad dash to get this posted today as I'm going to watch the Downton Abbey marathon that is starting in T minus 3 minutes!!  I found out just a little while ago that they are showing the premier show of the second season at 9 tonight, but they are showing a number of the previous season's episodes in the few hours leading up to the premier...so without further ado...here is today's start.  This is Sweet Flowers being stitched on 32 ct white Lugana over one using Rainbow Gallery Splendor silk S1035, S1036, S1037 and Gloriana Jersey Shore.

This is another SAL being offered on this website and since I couldn't choose between the two I asked if I could participate in both.  She VERY generously said yes, so I've begun both and hopefully I won't lose my mind trying to get both done.  Wish me luck!  Sorry for the awful picture, hopefully I'll get one in natural sunlight so you can see the pretty colors.



Off to watch Downton Abbey...and if you like it as much as I do, you might enjoy stitching this freebie...

9 comments:

Linda said...

Great start DJ. Enjoy your show.

Linda

Mouse said...

ooooo enjoy the show and lovely start on both the SALs :) love mouse xxxx

Tricia T said...

This is going to be beautiful!

Denise said...

Wow, you have some big projects lined up for this year! Can't wait to see the progress of all of them.

Nicola said...

Downton Abbey is fantastic, Maggie Smith's one liners steal the show. We are waiting for the third series to start in March in the UK. The Christmas special was AMAZING.

I hope you enjoy the series as much as I did.

I adore your colour choice for the SAL.

Mindi said...

I signed up for this SAL as well, but haven't even picked out floss or fabric! Love your start. Perfect thing to stitch while watching Downton Abbey. Can't wait for the new season to start.

And This Little Pig said...

Love the colours DJ, but please tell me that is not over 1? Please. Enjoy Downton Abbey.
LiBBiE in Oz

Veronica said...

I'm completely behind on my blog reading :/ Sorry that I haven't commented in days. Wow, you signed up for both of those lovely SALs. I didn't sign up for either one as I don't think I'll have the time. Besides, I couldn't decide which one is prettier. LOL! Look forward to seeing your progress on these gorgeous designs.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Lizzy Pizzy said...

Beautiful start on both of Angie's 2012 SALs DJ, and just to confirm... if you're not crazy now - you probably will be if you manage to keep up with BOTH of these. I have joined in with Lavender Blue, but I only just kept up with Romantique for a couple of the 'busy with life' months last year - good luck girl :)
Liz x