Monday, October 17, 2011

There was great rejoicing in the land!!

And Why, you ask, is there great rejoicing in the land?  Hold on to your hats!  I have completed all 15 of my crazy projects!!  I finished up my Cirque des Carreaux on Saturday and was determined to finish my Romantique Sampler before my birthday...so worked on it all day Sunday, finishing it in the wee hours of the morning today.  Whew!  Now I can work on other projects, guilt free, for the rest of the year!  I can't begin to tell you what a relief that is!!  I signed up for the challenge again next year, but I've since wondered if that was such a wise thing to do.  I place too much pressure on myself when I commit to things like that.  I'm still thinking about it.

Anyway, I guess I should show you progress pictures.  Here are the final pictures of Cirque des Carreaux...
 

and Romantique Sampler.

 

I'm throwing in a few pictures that DH took on his trip out west.  I don't remember if I mentioned it on my blog that DH was sent to Omaha, Nebraska for two weeks to teach a course he normally teaches here in Maryland.  Since he was the "new guy" to his section (he recently changed jobs within the same agency, and has become an instructor in his field) he got the "choice" assignment of being sent to Omaha.  He doesn't mind going to different places, but would have preferred to go during a school break so he could have taken us with him.  He says it's a quiet city, easily navigated, the people are friendly, and it's very pretty there BUT, he missed the hustle and bustle of the area here.  He called every day (often more than once a day), but managed to take my camera and visit some fascinating places.  One was the zoo, so I'll share a couple of my favorite pictures that he took in the next few blog posts.  I thought this was an amazing and beautiful shot...




Tomorrow is the drawing, so today is your last opportunity to sign up for my give-away.  Make sure you put a comment on either of the two previous posts showing pictures of the give-away.  Good luck!  I'll post the winners on Wednesday!

11 comments:

Tricia T said...

Seriously??? All 15??? You are an amazing woman. Good for You!!!!! : ) What are you going to stitch next????

Nancy said...

Beautiful finishes! Congrats on finishing all 15!!

Gillie said...

Well, get away, lol! How can we be friends when you are so smart to actually finish and I am trailing ten miles behind :( Glad M is safely back!

Mouse said...

wooo hoooo doing small wee dance for you .. way to go girl :) the cirque looks gorgeous and the Romantique sal well .. I will just have to get mine done now won't I ..lol. lovely shots of the butterfly and happppyyyyyyy birthday for tomorrow or today depending on when you read this ..lol ... love mouse xxxx

Mindi said...

Super happy dance for you! Both of those finishes are absolutely stunning, and I can't say which one I like more. The colors you picked for the SAL Romantique are lovely.

Unknown said...

Contrats on finishing all your crazies. I am doing this next year too, so at least I know it can be done.

Veronica said...

Congratulations! Happy Dancing with you here. That is quite an accomplishment. I've told you before but I'll say it again, both projects looks wonderful.

You're right, those pictures are amazing! Love the bright and vivid pink and orange.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Astrids dragon said...

Yeah, you did it! They are both just beautiful, you did an amazing job. Whatever will you be stitching next?

And I'm so glad you survived without half your team, what a woman!

Hugs and Happy Birthday again!

Ranae said...

Woohoo!! Congrats!! on the 15 challenge pieces
The finishes are gorgeous
Pretty flowers with the monarch butterfly

And This Little Pig said...

Congrats!!!!! And with what nearly 10 weeks to spare! I am so proud of you :@
LiBBiE in Oz

Babs in Alabama said...

Happy birthday, dear DJ! Hope you had a great day! All that you went through and you finished all 15. You put me to shame...I just gave up.
Your finishes are beautiful and you sound great. I've not been around much but maybe now. Herman's day was the 17th and he's in Philly.
hugs and happy dances!
babs