Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Raindrops keep falling on my head....


Is everyone having the same problem, or is it just me?  I seem to have this little black cloud following me, and dumping rain on my parade...First Irene, now Lee...come on guys, we are now turning green from mold, instead of photosynthesis.  Sheesh!  Enough already!!  Oh well, I must admit, the grass and trees sure are happy!  The Mums in the front yard are loaded with buds, so maybe it's not such a bad thing for them, but I sure miss the sunshine!

Ok, pity party over...on to the good stuff!!  Where to begin?

Let's see, I had an attack of startitis.  Yes, I'm afraid this is going to be lethal one day...but I just couldn't help myself.  I've been collecting the pieces to this SAL since January, and it's looking so lovely I just couldn't put it off any longer.  I found this website a few years back.  This can be found under SAL 2011.  She has offered SAL's before and I've followed their progression, but this one finally caught my attention.  I just LOVE it!  I saved the pieces (she is up to part 34 I think) and I've only stitched up to part 12 I think, and once I get a little more done I think you'll be able to see more of the picture.  I'm trying to stitch at least one part a day until I catch up and hopefully work and my family won't get in my way *cough cough* I mean, I hope I have time to work on this once I've taken care of my loving family and my job...*wink*  You guys know where I'm coming from right?  So...here's a pic of my progress.  I'm stitching on 32 ct light mocha Belfast linen over one, using one strand of DMC 3808.  In case you haven't noticed, I've begun using this color a lot.  It speaks to me, so I think I'll have to invest in DMC 3808 if there's a stock option for that, and give myself back some of the money I've poured into it!  LOL  Wish me luck!


I'm afraid I have been singly focused on this piece...and have neglected other pieces I should be doing.  Anyone detecting a hint of OCD in there somewhere?  I'm blaming it on the chemo I endured...I tend to blame that a lot, but as my oncologist says....it may or not be the cause, but until we prove otherwise, milk it for all it's worth!  LOL

Ok, since it's a dull rainy day, I'm off to curl up in my favorite stitching spot, turn on an old romantic movie, and stitch to my heart's content!  Till later...

*Hugs*

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Its raining here, but hadn't in a while so we are glad. Your stitching is beautiful!!!

Mouse said...

its a wee bit windy and rainy over here too .. been to look at the sal and it looks lovely :) good luck with it .. not starting something else just yet hahahahah :) love mouse xxxx

Astrids dragon said...

Waiting on more rain to put me to sleep, love to hear it while nice & warm in bed!

Can't imagine what project you'll be bringing to work on tomorrow - too many to choose from! See you soon...