Thursday, April 7, 2011

What day is it?

Does anyone know what day it is? If you guessed UFO day...you're right!! So here is the most recent picture of my UFO. There is only one motif left!


It's also the day after we celebrated one of my fellow survivor's birthday. I went to the frame shop I worked in and framed this piece that I had stitched for her...and I made her cry! This lady is very special, she volunteers her time at her church for many different things, she makes pillows to give out to patients going in for breast surgery (the pillow is a NECESSITY to protect your chest from the seat belt in the car...and you need it the day you leave the hospital), and she makes quilts. She is ALWAYS doing something for someone and in her words, she's one of my favorite people! She knows the value of a hand made item, and was speechless when we gave it to her for her birthday at the support group meeting last night. We surprised her with a cake...and we were told that it's VERY hard to surprise her. So Ms. T, if you are reading this...Happy Belated Birthday...and I hope we get to celebrate MANY more of them with you! (When or if I get her permission, I'll post her picture, too).


It's been a very exhausting day. I had a session of Reiki this morning came home to several phone calls from friends who are wishing me well for tomorrow. I was originally told I would have surgery at 11:50, but they just called to tell me I will be having surgery at 9:50 which means I have to be at the hospital at 7:50 *yawn*. Looks like I'll be getting up at 0 dark thirty tomorrow. Oh well, they won't need much anesthesia when it's time to knock me out! After almost two weeks of very little sleep, I'm so ready to have this part over with. This will be my last post until after surgery...so you take care and I'll see you on the flip side! *Hugs*

9 comments:

Tricia T said...

I'll be praying for you tomorrow! Hope all goes smoothly!!

Maggee said...

Your UFO is so gorgeous--just one more motif to go--congrats! Love the piece you stitched and framed for Ms. T! It is lovely. Wish I had known about a pillow going home after the surgery...but I did not know anyone who had been through it before then, so... we live and learn! Lovely, lovely stitches! Wishing you q rapid recovery after this surgery! Will lift a prayer for you tonight. Hugs.

Astrids dragon said...

April is a great month for birthdays! Cheesecake Factory was a hit - leftover cheesecake, yeah!

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call you this week, I'll try you over the weekend. I'll be praying for you, hang in there!

Hugs & stitches

Nancy said...

What a lovely thing you did for Mrs. T! So nice that you were able to surprise her!

Hope your surgery goes well.

Deborah said...

I wish you well.

Gillie said...

Surprises are good, tee hee! Nearly a year since the one we sprang on you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers all day, I've begun already since I get up earlier than you, lol! xxx

Mouse said...

ooo lovely suprise for Mrs T :) woo hoo on only one more motif :0 see I am good for you ..lol ... will be thinking of you all day soo behave have a nice snooze and I shall talk to the "new you" hopefully soon :) xxxxx love mouse xxx

Terri said...

I really love your UFO! It's gorgeous! And the framed piece for your friend is beautiful!

Good luck with your surgery!!

Edy said...

Holding on to you tightly! Feel better realsoon!
(((((((((((((((dj))))))))))))))))