Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Craziness...

Hi folks!

Hope you are having a fantastic day!! I've been busy, but accomplished more than I expected today!! I was supposed to stitch with Sonya today, but I lost my voice yesterday with a cough/cold that just doesn't seem to be letting up, so decided I should stay away from her so she doesn't catch it. I missed you today, Sonya!

But, I guess it was a good thing that I stayed home today. I got lots of phone calls, and made a few that I needed to make, and got a LOT accomplished that I needed to get done...so where do I begin?

Hm...I stitched a bit yesterday morning on Heart of America. I usually try to stitch that on Monday, as Babs and I have our own little SAL going. I decided to spend all my time on outlining the little borders because there is so much counting and it seems like I get nowhere fast. LOL Now they are done, so I can stitch on the fun stuff next time! Here's a picture of what I have done so far.


I have friends at my LNS, and the last time I was there, they gave me a pattern with all the stuff to stitch a model for them. What fun!! So I started last Thursday and by Monday I had finished this piece for them. I LOVED stitching it, and may have to make one for myself before I'm done. I just adore nativities...isn't it cute?


I am participating in a spring exchange through Friendly Stitchers. I stitched the pin cushion a week or so ago, but was completely stumped at how to finish the thing. I e-mailed Mouse in a panic and asked what I should do and she sent me such good instructions that I was finally able to get it stitched together today. I learned a valuable lesson though!! When you are using backstitching and whip stitching something together....DO NOT do it on 40 ct over two!! I nearly went blind trying to whip stitch it together! Hopefully my partner will love it...it was hard to part with because I loved it so much and...after all it was my FIRST pin cushion. It's in the mail as I type, so when she has received it I will post pictures.

Ok...the next step in my reconstruction is April 8th. I'll be having surgery to put in the implants, and I will be getting rid of the tissue expanders...boy will I be happy to have something a bit more comfortable under my skin! I can't wait to hug people without fear! The expanders are quite hard and I'm sure it must feel weird to get a hug from me. LOL He'll also be removing a lump I developed somewhere along the way...*sigh* He's not getting excited over it so neither am I. But just in case...a few prayers wouldn't hurt!

I had a couple of tests yesterday at the gastroenterologist and they sent off some more biopsies. He didn't seem too concerned, but the results won't be back for a couple of weeks, so wish me luck with that. It seems I have a lot of things to do to prepare for surgery so I'll be busy from now until then, and I'll be going back to the lymph edema clinic for more physical therapy. *sigh* My calendar is looking a bit crowded now... Hopefully it won't cut into my stitching time too much! *wink*

Ok, off to catch NCIS...my favorite show! *Hugs*


8 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

I love the nativity you made!
Hang in there - Thursday is coming soon.

Mouse said...

OOOO you have been busy :) love the progress, the model stitch :) and your welcome for the instructions and glad you got it done and that you enjoyed doing it toooo :)good luck with all the other bits and bobs that are going on atm ... you are on my list ;)t.t.f.n love mouse xxx

And This Little Pig said...

Poor Sonya, hope she feels better soon, and it is better to err on the side of caution. Love the Nativity, who's design is it? Ah NCIS I knew you were a girl after my own heart... mmm Mark Harmon... double mmm mmm Michael Weatherly! Or is that the other way round?
LiBBiE in Oz

Tricia T said...

Love, love, love your Holiest of Nights stitch. SO pretty. I pray that your appointments all go well!!!

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Love your work. enjoy your blog and it is fun to watch your progress.

Babs in Alabama said...

I love NCIS too! much of my stitching is in tune with their re-runs :) Your Holiest of Nights is so beautiful and it's in my stash...I loved the blue of it as it seemed to set it apart from other like pieces. You have so much ahead of you and even now as you get all these tests done. I pray for you and pray for the day when this is all just a memory. I stitched Monday too!
hugs,
babs

Edy said...

Hope your cold disappears soon! The Nativity is gorgeous! I also like the Patriotic piece a lot!

Be well -- (((((((((((DJ))))))))))))))

too_busy_to_stitch said...

That model is such a gorgeous piece! You did a great job stitching it.