Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stitch update...

Hi folks!

It seems like forever since I've updated my blog. I haven't been stitching much, so I guess that's why. Life is getting in the way of what I truly want to be doing!! It does have a way of doing that, doesn't it?

Typically Thursday is UFO day. It seems that my Thursdays are being eaten alive lately!! So Wednesday has become my UFO day. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked that day either, but here is my progress so far...with before...


and after pictures...


We got our step three pattern for the Tree of Stitches yesterday, and I just couldn't wait. I tremble when I see French knots, because they seem to have a mind of their own when I'm doing them. I did follow Abi's instructions to the letter, and was amazed at how consistant they seemed to come out! See what a little direction will do? So here's my tree so far...


and a close up of my French knots...



I've been madly working on my part three and four of the Romantique Sampler, and ran into a snag. I'm going to finish this section, then post a picture and see if you ladies out there think I should frog or not. Check back in a few days and see if I've posted it...My husband thinks I should offer a contest, and that's bouncing around in my head right now. Like I said, check back in a few days and see what I've decided to do, it might be worth your while!! LOL

Ok, off to get some stitching done, and enjoy the lovely weather we're having. Hope it's warming up outside your door today too! *Hugs*

7 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Your Fr. knots are perfect - so uniform and even - kudos! And you're almost done with your UFO - looks great!

Tricia T said...

I'm really enjoying watching the progress on your UFO. It is so pretty in the colors you've chosen!

Mouse said...

HI DJ love the rose Quaker its looking more lovely each time I see it :) ... French knots look brill well done for mastering them :)and I've been working on my Romantique SAL today too so am going to give a quick update on my blog later if you want to have a nose :) love mouse xxxx

Edy said...

Love your Rose Quaker!

Mylene said...

You are moving great with your UFO piece and wow! your frenchknots looks great!!

Connie said...

Your Rose Quaker is looking great. Every time I see your update, the Rose Quaker chant goes through my head - you know, the one that says "I've gotta stitch this."

And your french knots look wonderful! Wish I could get mine to look that uniform.

Abi said...

The French knots look absolutely perfect, DJ - well done! I'm so glad the directions helped!
The Rose Quaker is really coming on now, and looking wonderful.