Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Heart of America

Hello there!

I'm making a drive by post here, as I wanted to put these pictures up to show Babs that I did stitch on the Heart of America piece this week. I had set everything aside yesterday so I could spend time with my two Valentines...LOL Today was "stitch day and Bible study" with my buddy Sonya, so I got to stitch on it today. Hope that's ok, Babs...and I visited your blog too, and you are coming right along also! I hope you're having as much fun as I am, it's a great piece to stitch on!!

Add Image Add Video
Remove Formatting from selection

I also wanted to show you what I've done with Cirque des Carreaux. I had originally started out with a different thread. I didn't like how it looked...so frogged it all and sent for Carrie's Creation silk thread and started over. The color of the thread is Epiphany, and it's absolutely wonderful to stitch with!! I love the colors, though they still aren't what I was hoping for. I think it will look wonderful in my living room when I'm through though, and I promise I won't be frogging this over one piece again (WHAT A PAIN!!!) I haven't stitched much yet, but hope to get back to it sometime this week. As you can see in the regular shot that it's very dainty.




Ok, off to bed, it's been a busy day. I had my eyes tested today...yep I needed a stronger prescription...but I have to say, the optometrist is my new best friend!! I told him I didn't know if it was the chemo, the tamoxifen or my age that was causing my eyes to suddenly change...when he asked my age, he look dumbfounded (of course it COULD have been an act, but I prefer to think he really was...LOL) and told me he never would have guessed I was that age. I wished my husband could have heard him, and I have to say I was tempted to give him a peck on the cheek for making my day! I will definitely be going back to him in the future for more eye tests! Speaking of which, I wonder when was the last time he had HIS eyes tested? ROTFL

9 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Lovely work!

Meari said...

Both your projects look nice. Love the kitty pic! LOL (He looks sooo happy)

Edy said...

Jus what is your prescription? I would like one that would let me stitch over one like you do...some of the pieces i stitch are so large, that if I could "quarter" them, they would fit my decor better.

Mouse said...

HI DJ . ... oooo looking lovely and the cat is tres cute ,..lol and I am having a good giggle at you with your new optician .... am sure he wouldn't have minded a quick peck on the cheek ..lol love mouse xxxxx

Carol said...

Land od the Free looks great.
I am also working on a small version of Cirque Des Carreaux.

DUSTY said...

land of the Free is lovely, great progress. I like the threads that youa re using for the Cirque Des Carreaux. congrats on looking younger, we all need to hear that once in a while. LOL

Babs in Alabama said...

Looking so good, DJ; Land of the Free, Cirque Des Carreaux, the kitty, and your doctor's eyesight, lol. Remember how shocked I was when you told me your age? I may have to sneak in another HoA day to keep up with you.
hubx,
babs

Carol's Stitching said...

Your stitching is looking so good DJ and I love the over one piece! Of course, your eyes will be crossed (I know mine would be) by the time you're done but that will mean another trip for the eye doc to pay another compliment! :) LOL

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Stitching looking good - I love Ink Circles - my current BAP is Sea Stars - doesn't get stitched on too often, but I WILL finish it one day...