Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday....Finally!

Well, it's Friday...finally! And what a week it's been. I'm treading lightly here, as Friday is only half over with and lots more can happen, so I'll quietly say, I'm sooooo glad it's Friday!!

I've had a crazy week, some of it fantastic! Some of it not so fun...LOL It's been so jam packed, I can't even tell you what happened on what day, but I'll give you a little highlight of what's been going on.

I was supposed to meet up with Sonya on Tuesday for Bible study and stitching. That didn't happen. Instead we got a freak snowstorm (it WAS President's Day after all and we do tend to get a snowstorm around that time each year...call it fate...LOL) that dumped a couple of inches and kept the kids out of school in our county, and kept my dear husband home from work. We all slept in, then decided since the roads were merely sloppy that we would venture out to see a movie. We went to see Sanctum. What a rush! Had I known what all I would witness I probably would have passed on seeing it. It was in 3D, there were some absolutely gorgeous shots in the movie, but I was on the edge of my seat, hands clenched (I'm claustrophobic...which didn't help), and had to avert my eyes a few times. You COULD call it torture...LOL DS was happy though, as he told us he had to SIT through Unknown, so we could SIT through Sanctum.

Before we left for the movie, though, we had a little mishap in the upstairs bathroom. I'm not sure how it all transpired, but the toilet became a fountain and we rushed around like crazy people trying to stem the flow of water, and clean up the mess. Fortunately it was clean water, and it's since been fixed (at least I hope so!!) but at one point I could hear water running in the walls...I just hope nothing is damaged beyond repair. *sigh*

I met up with a yahoo groupie on Thursday at our LNS and had lunch. We seem to be pretty compatible, and we are going to try to meet up at a bookstore half-way between where each of us lives to stitch soon. There's something about stitchers, we have a unique "sisterhood".

I do have a few pictures to show you of progress I'm making on the Crazy January Challenge...I did have to put my stitching aside a bit to work on an exchange I signed up for. The stitching is done, I just need to find time to assemble my piece. Since I've never done this before, wish me luck! I've gotten some excellent directions from Mouse, and Sonya had some input too, so we'll see what I come up with. Pictures will follow after it's been sent and received.

Yesterday was UFO day, and I was crazy busy all day, so today I stitched on the Rose Quaker to try and redeem myself. LOL Here are before...


And after pictures...


I've been working on my Lighthouse Sampler from By the Bay Needleart...


And I've been working on Cirque des Carreaux...


But as I've said, I haven't had much chance to stitch, life just keeps getting in the way.

I missed the Therapeutic Art class last Tuesday, but when I went on Wednesday night for my massage at Wellness House, I was presented with this picture that the ladies had made and signed.



I was touched!! I wish there were more days in the week, or that my schedule was laid out a bit differently, but I don't know if I'll be able to attend the class anymore. It's a shame because the ladies are sweethearts!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that these pictures were taken with my new camera, it works great!! I love the closeup pictures I've been able to get, here's one of my hybiscus getting ready to bloom!! I was finally able to work out the kinks and load them on my computer. Life is good!!



Ok, I'm hoping off here soon, as the lights keep blinking. We are under severe thunderstorm warning for a little while here so I hope we don't lose power. Later!! *Hugs*

5 comments:

Gillie said...

oh glory - I'd better start stitching, lol!

Astrids dragon said...

You are putting me to shame with all your wonderful progress! Looking forward to stitching with you, at least I know I'll get something done! ; )

Carolyn NC said...

Awesome progress!!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Oh wow - lighthouses...something else that I love - have a couple of plans of ones to stitch, but not quite there yet. The other thing I love to imagine stitching (lol) is beach huts - anything marine tbh

MysteryKnitter said...

The lighthouse thing looks awesome!