Friday, February 4, 2011

Busy-ness

Hello out there in blog land! I hope you are safe, warm and free from falling snow at the moment! I've been watching the "Storm of the Century" reports...isn't it funny how we have to name things?...and cringing from stories of sub zero temperatures, roof collapses, rolling blackouts and just praying that people are staying safe. I'm always relieved to see a name pop up on my comments section or facebook, or even an e-mail from friends hearing they are ok.

I've been so busy I haven't had time to update my blog, but I have been stitching! I've been running around like a crazy woman without really accomplishing anything, and part of me is having withdrawal from stitching. Today I'm going to do nothing but stitch my day away, and rest my brain and my body.

I had a Reiki session yesterday. I don't know what I expected from it, but I do know my arm (which has been suffering from effects of lymph edema lately) feels amazing today! My spirit seems a bit out of whack though. I don't know how else to put it. So I'm torn whether to have another session. Any thoughts?

There has been a lot going on. My Mother is still recovering from her surgery, though I haven't spoken to her in a few days, the last time I talked to her she sounded better. Thank you to those who have been praying for her! DH's Mother has been becoming increasingly confused and the decision was made to place her in a home where she can have more supervision. This has been a very difficult decision for the family and as you can imagine has caused some tension. Please pray for his family, as this is tearing them apart. I have several "Sista Warriors" who are dealing with different stages of their recovery who also need your prayers. I have been spending time with them this week, which is why you haven't seen much of me online. As you can see, I've been spreading myself a bit thin with care and concern for all of these people and I think that is why my spirit is out of whack. I sound selfish in my head, but I sincerely need some rest, so today I'm going to turn off my phone, watch some old movies, and have a stay-at-home vacation from the world today. I just KNOW I'll feel better tomorrow!

Now...yesterday was UFO day...the day we are supposed to spend stitching on an unfinished object. I knew I would be out all day (I left at 9:00 AM and returned home at 8:30 PM) so I spent some time Wednesday stitching on my Rose Quaker. Here are before...


And after pictures...


I've been flitting around between projects lately, when I tire of one, I change to the next, and hopefully I'll land on one that I will be able to finish soon. I've decided I want to try to finish at least one a month (hopefully two!!)...and that way I'll be able to finish my Crazy January Challenge before the end of the year. Not a very structured goal, but it sounds good in my head *echo* LOL One that I want to finish before June (because I think it will be a gift for my Mother...who never reads my blog so I think I'll be safe showing it to you here...) is the hummingbird piece. So I've been stitching along on that one and here is my progress so far...


The other one that I just LOVE to stitch on is the Lighthouse Sampler from By the Bay Needleworks. I started stitching earlier this week and couldn't put it down, and here's what I accomplished that day...


So, that's it for my show and tell today! Thanks for "listening" to me and for your prayers for those I've listed above. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and that whatever we encounter in our lives can be turned into something good if you use each experience as a tool to help you grow and if you use what you've learned to help someone else along the way.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you." 2 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV)


11 comments:

Tricia T said...

Get some rest, friend. Eat well and relax and sleep. Stitching is good, too! I just love your lighthouse project and your others are coming along well, too!!

Ruth said...

Prayers for your family and for you. Your stitching is lovelyt--- so when stress looms up, just atare at your stithing for a while... it'd calm me.

Kathy said...

Your stitching all looks just fabulous. I especially love your Rose Quaker. just beautiful.

I am glad your Mother in improving and will keep her and your MIL in my thoughts and prayers. It is very hard when the roles reverse and you become the care giver for your parent. I know. Been there, done that.

Take care of yourself and always find some time in the day to recharge your batteries. :)

Have a good weekend.

Connie said...

Lovely progress on your Rose Quaker and other projects - I'd blame the jumping from one thing to another on the time of year - aren't we all tired of winter and ready for a change already? lol

I'm glad your mother is improving but sorry to hear about your MIL. I know how difficult it can be to make that tough decision - I had to find a home for a 93 yr old friend who has dementia. Hope you found a good home and that the family is able to visit often. It really makes a difference in the kind of care an individual receives.

With all your care for others, you're enduring a lot of stress - may you find refreshment in your stitching.

Mad about Craft said...

Lovely stitching!

Encourage your MIL's family not to feel stressed or guilty about their decsion. Unfortunately for a lot of dementia sufferers staying at home isn't an option for many different reasons. For 99% of people it ends up being the right decsion, especially if the home is a good one.

Linda said...

Great Stitching. Prayers to you and your family. I have been a breast cancer survivor for 16 years in April. I too suffer from lymphedema. What was you had done and where do you get it. Linda
http://bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/
I just became a follower.

Mouse said...

oooo I can see progress on that UFO :) Love the humming bird and the lighthouses .. you have stitched up a storm ......thats why its so windy here heheheh .... hope things improve re dh mum and tensions ..... it is the best place for her tbh .... love mouse xxxxx

Val said...

Ohhhhh that rose sampler is coming along lovely ! as for Reiki, well I am a Reiki master/teacher and often send distant healing to folks as well as treatments in my own home for those close enough ... you are also on my 'distant healing' list .... but it is also possible to send a distant treatment - this involves both of us being 'joined' at same time and takes around 15-20 mins that's all .... I have done this with folks in America - but difficult to work out times for us to synchronise !! if you are interested in having a go then e-mail me back channel .... Val x

Edy said...

Quaker Rose is looking beautiful....I should put that one on my to-do list!
Rest up when you can. Mom and MIL will be OK and it is important that you are too!

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - awesome stitching! Rest as much as you can!

Maureen said...

Hope you have enjoyed your vacation from the world day, you definitely deserve it.. loving how the lighthouse sampler is coming along