Thursday, January 6, 2011

Six Six, Pick Up Sticks...

Hi Gang!

OK, so not the most original title for a post, but it's 11:00 PM and I've had a tiring day...LOL And after 6 days of "starts" I'm getting a little punchy...

Today was a busy stitching day. It's not JUST Day Six of the Crazy January Challenge, but it's also UFO stitching day over at Friendly Stitchers Yahoo Group. Not having a valid excuse to escape the wet noodle so expertly wielded by Miss Mouse, I had to put a few stitches into my UFO, Rose Quaker from Wiehenburg and was actually able to finish a rose motif!! Here are the before and after pictures, can you see where I've stitched?


I also wanted to finish step two and step three of the January Mystery SAL and was able to do that as well. Each step is a different color. I still haven't figured out what this is, but from a distance it kinda looks like ET. LOL The colors are a bit off though...it will be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

And my final pictures are actually the first thing I stitched this morning. I decided my Day Six project would be "Lighthouse Sampler" from By the Bay Needleart. I am stitching it on 28 ct. Star Sapphire linen over one thread. Did I just hear a collective groan? It's pretty easy to stitch over one on 28 ct. you should try it!! I'm showing what I've stitched, along with a picture of the pattern. I love lighthouses, and I've been dying to get this started, it feels so good to have this on a frame and ready to roll. It's also a joy to stitch!


So there they are in all their glory. And I'm a tired DJ tonight! So I'll bid you a glorious good night and I'll see you tomorrow...who knows what Day Seven will hold? *Hugs*

7 comments:

sonya said...

Wow! Can't believe all you have accomplished! Hope I catch the stitching bug from you tomorrow. And, please leave the frogs at home! See ya in the morning!

And This Little Pig said...

Hey DJ, we are getting a little 'punchy' aren't we! Love your UFO. And I think you would have heard my groan all the way from Oz... over 1... 28 count over 1. I'm glad it's a dream to stitch, and it looks lovely. Looking forward to tomorrow, or is that tonight :D
LiBBiE in Oz

Abi said...

Wow, you are doing really well, DJ!
I love the sampler, I can see clearly that you've added to the rose, it's looking so lovely! Best of luck with all your new projects and your UFOs!

Mouse said...

oooo you have done well on the stitchy front :) ... spotted the rose so no visit for you ;) Mystery sal definitely a mystery atm ..lol and love the lighthouse sampler ... no groans from me over one on 28 count hehehe . keep up the good work :) t.t.f.n love mouse xxxxx

natalysneedle said...

Wow, lots of stitching. Your needle must be smoking. I love to stitch over 1 on 28ct. It looks so delicate and detailed.

blueladie said...

DJ, Keep up the good work! No wet noodle here only admiration for your accomplishments! :D Cathryn

Marcy said...

What a beautiful sampler -- you got quite a bit done. Pink is my fav.