Thursday, April 30, 2009

A few finishes



Hello again!

I didn't think I would get a chance to post again before I left, but I decided I had better take pictures of these things before I gave them away. I hope the ladies who are going to the retreat don't see this post before the retreat! LOL

We usually bring something for each lady at the retreat, so I made them all bookmarks. I hope I have enough! I think a few more have been invited at the last minute and even though I know I made more than I thought I would need, I'm hoping there are still enough! I finished the back of them today, which was a challenge in itself! I hemmed and hawed until I just bit the bullet and used stitch witchery and ribbon on the back. I have never used this before so I hope they hold up! Wish me luck! LOL

The little bear holding the egg was a SAL I also finished today. I had shown the stitching to the lady who is in charge of the retreat and she told me I should finish it off and bring it with me. I've never finished anything like this before and so again I was faced with a challenge (seems to be a lot of that going around). Anyway...it's not perfect, but I think it's kinda cute. The finisher for the local LNS will be along on this retreat too, I'm a little embarrassed to show this to her as she always does a lovely job and this is nowhere near her standards, but I wanted to prove to myself that I could finish something if I wanted to.

It's well past midnight and I am supposed to meet a friend tomorrow to run errands. I'm not packed, I haven't made a list of stuff I want to take on the retreat, and I still have some cleaning up to do before I head to bed. YIKES...so why am I still here typing? I usually don't put things off until the last minute, but it seems lately that I'm always two steps behind where I should be. Ok, enough rambling, I'll see you after the retreat!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Hope you have a great time at the retreat. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.